7 Days of Breakfast - Day 7: Banana Quinoa Porridge
It's here, our final day of 7 Days of Breakfast! This week came and went, didn't it? I hope you have enjoyed these fall inspired breakfasts as much as I have. And if you haven't been able to follow along, no worries! This series was created to inspire you cook a nourishing breakfast for yourself and your family. Now you have 7 new recipes to add to your breakfast arsenal. What I love about these recipes is the simplicity of them all. You can easily substitute or omit any of the ingredients.
Let's get back to recipe #7, banana quinoa porridge. This recipe gives me all the fall feels--it's hearty, rich in flavor, warm and filling.
1. Sub the banana for pumpkin.
2. Use chocolate chips instead of cacao nibs.
3. Don't have canned coconut milk? Use whatever you have on-hand. The texture may not be as thick.
4. Use brown rice, faro, barley or any other grain in place of quinoa. Cooking time may vary.
5. For best results soak the quinoa in water overnight. Strain quinoa before using. The soak lessens the cook time and gives the dish a porridge like consistency.