marbled protein loaf cake
Marble cake is such a classic childhood memory. This was always my birthday cake request topped with fudge frosting of course! These days I still enjoy my marbled cake but with a healthy twist. In this recipe we are skipping the fudge frosting but we are not lacking in flavor! This protein packed vanilla-chocolate marbled loaf cake is great at any time of day. Eat a slice with your morning coffee, have it as a mid-day snack or warm it up and enjoy it as dessert!
Preheat oven to 350.
- 1 c of oat flour
- 2 C of vanilla protein powder
- 6 oz Greek yogurt (I used plain Green but vanilla flavored or one of those dessert flavored individual servings works great here)
- If plain Greek yogurt is used, add 1/2 C of honey or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 C almond milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 C dark chocolate chunks
- 2 TBS chocolate protein powder
- 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
Method: Mix all ingredients together except for the choc protein. The chocolate batter will be used to create the marbled swirl effect. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the batter to thicken. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and fill a little less than 3/4 of the way full.
Add choc protein and unsweetened cocoa powder to remainder of the batter, mix well and slowly add to the load pan. Insert a knife or a skewer to the bottom of the pan, then swirl together alternating between the vanilla and choc batter to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle chocolate chunks on top. Bake 30-40 min or until done. Enjoy!